Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rox Chox News: new locations in Arcata and Eugene OR, and Oak Park IL

We got one of those great emails today- an order from a new vendor, Marche Provisions in Eugene, OR. I also shipped a first order out to Arcata's North Coast Co-op, which is coincidentally at the center of its city, just like Marche Provisions. And, due to a customer request, we will also be shipping a first order to The Marion Street Cheese Market in Oak Park, Illinois. Getting right into the heart of things!

In other exciting news, we were interviewed by a food-and-arts writer from the SE Examiner yesterday, and a few weeks ago by a writer from BePortland.org. Word is spreading! Looking forward to reading their perspectives on our chocolate story.

Speaking of stories, I've been reading 'Chocolat', by Joanne Harris, and really enjoying it as a narrative, as visually and viscerally evocative prose, and as a window into the person I am becoming more of every day: a love-propagandizing chocolatier!

When I am tempering chocolate I ask my mind to clear, I focus on my breath and simply enjoy the swirling seductive smooth waves of cacao. I give thanks and hold my love and gratitude for this gift of right living high in my heart. When River and I make Chox together, the kitchen is full of our giggles, affectionate quips, and endearing admonishments. We love our work. Maybe that shows in the taste of our creation, and as a friend recently told me, is part of why people love it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment