Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Big News: New Flavors!

The time has come! We have had so many requests for a coconut-free flavor that I have been busy experimenting and finally hit upon two combinations that are delicious enough that I scaled it up for our first limited-edition premiere. The new flavors are: "Dibs on Nibs", made with these cacao nibs of so many colors:


And "Ginger":

for which I used all of this vibrant Peruvian magical root.  I had never peeled this much ginger at once before yesterday, so I googled 'peel ginger', thinking 'there must be an easier way?' and it turns out, there is! A simple spoon did the trick. The skin is so much more delicate than I'd thought.

Both of our new flavors are free of coconut and salt, so they are accessible to even more people of restricted diets - hooray! Nothing makes me happier than when someone says, 'Oh, but I can't have ___' and I can respond with 'But this treat is free of ____' and I see their face light up with joy. I know that feeling all too well, and I am really looking forward to seeing those smiles on your faces at the:

People's Holiday Craft Fair, December 12th, 2-7pm. 3029 SE 21st, Portland OR 97202, when we will premiere these two new flavors in a limited edition! Come by for a taste.

Shortly after this fair, we will also make them available online and to our retail locations. Thank you for fueling our creative fires, chocolate lovers. We are so happy to give you some sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment